We have invested heavily in our outdoor spaces and are proud of the learning opportunities on offer in both our FS1 outdoor space and our FS2 playground. We believe that outdoor learning:
- Promotes a sense of confidence and well-being
- Provides opportunities for developing good relationships with others, through negotiation, taking turns and cooperation
- Provides safe and supervised opportunities for children to experience new challenges
- Supports children’s developing creativity and problem-solving skills
- Gives children contact with the natural world
Oakwell children love their playtimes at school. We have a wide variety of outdoor equipment for our children to play with. They can build, play, run, climb and take part in a range of sporting opportunities with our team of Sports Coaches who are on the playground each lunchtime.