We make every effort to ensure that school is open to our school community between 8am and 4pm each day throughout term time. Our extended day comprises a free breakfast club and a wide range of after school clubs with a growing number of sporting clubs or holiday clubs throughout the holiday periods.
From time to time, we recognise that it may be necessary to initiate a school closure. The Executive Principal will only take the decision to close the school if:
- There is a failure within the school which makes it impossible to accommodate all pupils safely
- Icy or snowy weather is so significant that we are unable to ensure the site is safe for pedestrian access or that a significant number of school staff are unable to travel safely to school.
If you have not been informed otherwise, please assume school is open – even if the weather is poor. School staff will notify the school community of a closure via the following methods:
- A message via the Parent Portal
- A text message
- A Facebook / Twitter post
- An announcement via Dearne FM/Hallam FM
- We Are Barnsley Facebook Notification
In the event of a school closure, we ask parents to avoid trying to contact school so that phone lines remain accessible to staff and other services we may need to liaise with.
Please rest assured we will be working hard to ensure school is open for business as soon as possible following a closure and will keep you updated throughout the day.