If you want to be part of a fantastic team who are committed to achieving fantastic things for pupils in Barnsley – we recommend you get in touch to discuss the possibilities.
We are always looking for experienced, enthusiastic, energetic and caring people to support us in our work. The ability to work well in a team is essential and a desire to go on to study to gain further qualifications including Qualified Teacher Status is highly desirable.
Our vacancies are advertised via Wellspring Academy Trust.
We also place Apprenticeship advertisements via the Find an Apprentice Service. For current vacancies, visit here.
If you would like to volunteer at the school, please complete the above application form and return to the school office.
Oakwell Rise Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We offer a range of programmes to support working in education:-
- Teacher Training Student Placement: we are partners to Sheffield Hallam University and Leeds Beckett University, supporting trainee teachers gaining their qualifications from EYFS to KS2.
- Barnsley College Apprenticeship Placements: we support college students in both Childcare and Health and Social Care with placements to support their learning in a Primary educational setting. These placements can last between 4 weeks to 4 months.
- Apprenticeships: we often support full-time apprenticeships in our EYFS or KS1 department. We currently have two apprenitces within the Oakwell Rise team.
- Positive Regard Teaching School Alliance: we support trainee teachers through placements for the ITT/School Direct programmes.
Oakwell Rise has been recognised for its contribution in supporting learners, gaining awards and certificates for:
- Dedication to Support Learning in Education
- Nomination of a member of staff for Mentor of the Year
- Appreciation Certificate
- Members of Talent United
Teaching Assistants - we have two vacancies available for 2 x Grade 2 Teaching Assistants within Oakwell RIse. The job description, person specification and advert are above. Application packs can be requested from Lucy Donald, Office Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact one of our friendly staff in the office at Oakwell Rise Academy (01226 281943 or email@example.com) to enquire about possible roles at Oakwell Rise, or email Executive Principal, Sam Bailey firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss future opportunities within Wellspring Academy Trust.