The Members of the Democratic Party (AKA MOD Party) are elected each year to represent their peers to change and shape the development of Oakwell Rise. They meet frequently to talk about the changes they would like to make. A crucial part to their role is to present key concerns and thoughts to their classes and instigate votes and gain views. They then present the pupils voice back to the whole MOD party group. Select members are then required to present the pupils voice to the Senior Leaders of the school who can instigate change.
During this year, our MOD party have:-
* Chosen a Chair and a Secretary.
* Met with Mrs Pizzey (Head Cook) about the school menu.
* Had a taster session ro develop new menu items: shared this with school and then voted to adopt the Veggie Roll.
* Visited Oakhill Primary Academy to discuss and create the new Anti-Bullying Policy.
* Decided on different activities for Anti-Bullying Week.
* Developed an Anti-Bullying poster - this is currently being printed to display around school.
* Hosted a tasting session for Parents/Carers to try the new school menu.
* Used the Parliament box and discussed its contents.
* They meet with SLT termly to pass on information discussed in meetings and provide a voice for our school children.
* Led 'Talking Circles' in their classes about being safe.
* Completed a survey about sports and suggested activities we could do, to be healthier.
Our MOD Party for 2019 -
Our MOD Party for 2018 -
The MOD party received a box full of items from the British Government to assist with learning all about British Law. An assembly was held to demonstrate their knowledge of laws, rights and responsibilities and democracy. The MOD party used all the items to demonstrate a debate in the Houses of Common: mace, bell, wig, robes and the Speaker's Box - which has actually sat in the Houses of Common.